Women's Intervention and Education Program
|The Women's Intervention and Education Program is a 12-17 week educational group for
females that have used abusive behaviors in intimate partner relationships. The
curriculum was developed and is taught by the Executive Director of the Rape/Domestic
Abuse Program, Jeanie Gilbert. Participants may join voluntarily or by court or other
Educational topics covered in the classes include:
This program is offered by CDVIP on an as needed basis and is a closed group limited to
5-10 females. All prospective participants must complete an intake and orientation
- understanding how emotion affects ones thinking;
- how to handle anger;
- how to think through a problem before taking action;
- how to see the "big picture" instead of a narrow view of something;
- discussing relationship issues;
- effects of domestic abuse on children;
- learning about self care and self respect;
- learning new communication skills;
- and much more.
session with CDVIP prior to being admitted to the group.
The groups are usually held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in North Platte.
One time Orientation Fee:
Group Fee: $10 per group session
For more information or if
any questions contact our office